We will be going to the Valparaiso region after orientation. We will not know the location of our school, what grade(s) we are taking, nor the host family that we will stay with until orientation. I will have to learn to be flexible and adapt quickly to the challenges that lie ahead. However, I am excited to learn much from this experience and hope to be an AWESOME teacher while using my occupational therapy expertise and my other skills.
Thank you to friends, family, my teammates, and co-workers for your encouragement and support the past several months. I will appreciate your ongoing support during my volunteer work in Chile.
HOW YOU CAN STILL HELP
I am still accepting monetary donations to help pay for the 5 months that I will be in Chile. Donations will go directly towards my living costs, food, travel security items, teaching materials, flight ticket, public transportation, medical insurance, etc.
I am contributing over $6,000, have received over $500 in donations, and am still looking to raise $500 by July 13th.
Any financial contribution (from $10 to $100) is GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Donations can be made online for a receipt for tax deductions:
http://www.worldteach.org/donate.html
(Be sure to state that it is for "Grace Chen, Semester 2010)
OR check/cash is more than welcome!
I am also looking to obtain the following items in case you have some to donate:
Teaching materials for visual learning such as paperback books, picture cards/games, old calendars, Mad Libs, worksheets, etc. for children of various ages.
I will miss you all. I know volunteering abroad is not for everyone, but I hope my experience will inspire you all.
Love,
Grace
THANK YOU for your donations:
Phallin C, Jin K, David S, Terri U., Jeremy S., Annie P., Andrew C, Jane B., Jim S, Staci V, Luca, PCDA friends, Kevin M., Kat S., Ginnie L, Cory, Mouy, Max, Dan C, Robert R, Amy S, My Parents, Chen cousins
No comments:
Post a Comment