Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day in Vina Del Mar

Sunday, I spent the day wandering the 5 story mall in Vina del Mar due to unfortunate rainy cold weather. I did get to buy a couple dress clothes for work and to go out since I did not bring much of those clothes here. By the way, the cost of food and clothes here are very similar to the United States so I still have to be very careful with how I spend my money. I now have a favorite Chilean clothing brand, Umbrale, but unfortunately most of it is too expensive.

Almost everything here is made from China or Chile and of course the items made from China are much more affordable. I sadly have had to buy half of my stuff made in China. Most people here have no problem with "Made in China" and a supermarket, Lider, and possibly other markets are owned by Wal-Mart.

I ended up walking along the coast to find a couple of cool sand statues.




I also ended up at the chain Sibaritico as I wanted to get a completo (or in other words a hot dog with tons of avocado, tomato, onions, mayo, etc.). I ended up with 2-3 hot dogs in 1 long bun. It was good, but I preferred the huge burger-like sandwiches.


I found out afterwards that this was a place that Anthony Bourdain had visited:
http://www.sibaritico.cl/

No comments:

Post a Comment