Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 7: What have my students learned?

So, I learned my lesson after I taught my 9th graders that I had to do a quick review on all 6 weeks of material before I jumped into the "Answer Basketball" game. If they had studied for it, it was only right before my class.


But they caught on quick with the game and helped each other as a team to answer my questions on the following topics:

Introductions
Directions
Days of the Week
Actions
Frequency of Actions

And most of my classes were competitive. Most of my boys yelled out "Go for the 3 pointer!" while my realistic girls went for the 1-pointer in which they often succeeded in doing so. However, I must say several of the boys did make their 3-point shot into the tiny wastebasket (hoop) with the squeezeball from 10 feet away.




English Club: Cha Cha Slide


I had my students fill in the blanks while listening to the song the first time without visuals. I was happy to see that most of my students could hear the correct words considering parts of the song is hard to make out.

(See below - My students dance with the Cha Cha Slide video with Mr. C. They also learned how to dance the Charlie Brown which I had to look up prior to teaching the moves to this dance.)


No comments:

Post a Comment