Saturday, December 4, 2010

Valparaiso


I felt the need to be a full fledged tourist in Valparaiso before we all had to return to Santiago on November 22nd. This was the last time I was going to be able to hang out with my volunteer friends in this region. (By the way, if you click on the individual photos, you can see them in larger view)

Things that I enjoyed seeing:

-Beautiful and quirky graffiti art on the walls throughout Valpo


I even got to see a painter retouch the graffiti paint on an unique staircase leading past a hostel. He was shy at first, but then proudly directed all the tourists to walk forward to see the rest of the artworks as he happily painted and chatted with some tourists in Spanish.



-A house with numerous quirky objects hung outside of it.



-The HUGE naval museum that sits on top of a hill at one of Valpo in which we took 1 of many ascensors to reach it.


The view of the port, cargo ships, and of Valpo was awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment