Wednesday, December 29, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



New Year’s Resolution Accomplished:

Teaching and Living Abroad before turning 30!

Happy New Year to my friends, family, co-workers back in the United States as well as to my Chilean family and new friends that I have made here in Chile!

Thank you to those who have provided encouragement, mental-emotional support as well as financial assistance before and during my volunteer experience abroad.

I will be continuing my volunteer work in Chile by helping out at the 2 week English Summer Camp in January. Selected high school students attend this camp paid by Chile´s Ministry of Education to participate in various activities in English. It is also a way for them to engage with native English speakers as well as meet students from other schools who are also motivated to use English.

If you have not been following my blog, these are some examples of my experiences

Saying Goodbye to my school!

http://gracevolunteersinchile.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html

http://gracevolunteersinchile.blogspot.com/2010/12/saying-goodbye-to-colegio-nacional.html

Bicentennial Celebration with Family

http://gracevolunteersinchile.blogspot.com/2010/09/bicentenario-fiesta-patrias-chiles.html

My Favorite Chilean Recipe

http://gracevolunteersinchile.blogspot.com/2010/08/recipe-chicken-cazuela.html

Southern Chile Trip with Travel Tips

http://gracevolunteersinchile.blogspot.com/2010_12_01_archive.html

I am so happy to have pushed myself to volunteer abroad before turning 30. My New Year’s Resolution 2011 is to figure out how to utilize what I have learned from my experience teaching abroad to continue to foster my interests in cultures, people, languages, teaching, and giving back.

Please post comments if you feel that you have benefited from reading it OR share your experiences whether similar or different.

Abrazos y besitos,

Grace



5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I know you probably get spotty internet but how was the 7.1? Good to hear that everyone was okay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Grace! I'm glad we were in the same program together, and I hope you have a good time during the summer camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Grace!
    We are proud of you. We hope you have a good time there.
    Lily & Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest of New Years, Cuz =)
    I'm so happy for you that you took the plunge to explore these different experiences and it certainly seems to have been enriching. Of course, 30 whatnot is just a figure, hardly a worthy totem because journeys don't stop there...they stop when you get married. Hahah!
    Like your wonderful parents, very proud of you.
    Now enjoy your....summer....summer in January....(upside-down Land!)
    -AC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated New Year, Grace. Sounds like you're having a helluva time and doing it for a good cause. I want to do that when I grow up.
    - Alfredo

    ReplyDelete