Friends Video Clip
Most Disney shows, Glee, and cartoons are dubbed in Spanish. However, various shows like Big Bang Theory, Will & Grace, Friends, Chuck, CSI, etc. are all still in English with Spanish subtitles. Ideally, I would like to show some of these shows in English, but most of my students are in 7th-10th grade and are not yet interested in these shows. Ideally, I'd like to introduce a couple shows for them to be interested in watching at home.
I think I will try to show some Glee episodes in English with Spanish subtitles.
I showed a video clip from Friends where Monica got stung by a jellyfish and Joey suggested a natural remedy to her pain.
Hokey Pokey
Surprisingly, most of my students enjoyed "Hokey Pokey". I was so happy to see all of them participate in the actions and game. The 2nd time around, they all picked one body part to sing about. It was great!
Hand Games
-"Rock, Paper, Scissors" (Ca chi pun)
My students quickly learned "Rock, Paper, Scissors" since they already play this game, but know it as Ca Chi Pun. They were breathless after playing it for 5 minutes.
-"Thumb War"
They also play this game, but in Spanish.
-"Slide"
I showed my students a YouTube video of 2 teenage girls play this game. They quickly tried to figure it out on their own in their seats and then during our break before I actually tried to teach it to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment